What is Cloud Storage?
Cloud Storage is a way of storing data online instead of your local computer. It requires an internet connection in order to upload, modify, and share documents, presentations, spreadsheets, images, audio, video, etc. with others. Online storage service providers don’t store any data on the hard disk of your PC. Cloud storage tools help you to access your data from any device.
Following is a handpicked list of top free cloud storage apps & tools, with popular features and latest download links. This list includes commercial(paid) as well as open-source (free) software
Best Free Unlimited Online Cloud Storage Providers
Point Cloud Feature Extraction for Civil 3D provides versatile tools to facilitate the processing of point Cloud data. The technology preview is an intelligent point Cloud shape extraction solution which allows you to import, load, and extract civil-specific shape and geometry information from point Cloud data in AutoCAD Civil 3D. This page contains instructions for choosing and maintaining a Cloud SDK installation. Cloud SDK includes the gcloud, gsutil and bq command-line tools. For a list of Cloud SDK features, see All features. To access the Google Cloud APIs using a supported programming language, you can download the Cloud Client Libraries. Installation instructions. 431 programs for 'cloud simulation tools'. With NCM automation you can save time and reduces errors by automating discovery of devices, configuration backup, and bulk configuration changes. Also, design change templates and create standardized configurations and use built-in workflows to review, approve, schedule, and push bulk configuration.
Sync.com is a cloud service for sharing files from any computer or mobile device. Sync provides an ideal solution for storing and sharing confidential and sensitive data.
- Sync allows you to send files of any size to anyone, even if they don’t have a registered account.
- Sync can support Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- Sync gives unlimited data transfer for all the plans.
- Unlimited storage available for teams users (2+)
- Slack and Microsoft Office integration
- Additional storage space is available by completing tasks
Icedrive is a next-generation cloud service that helps you to access, manage, and update your cloud storage effortlessly. It provides a space to share, showcase, and collaborate with your files.
- Only cloud storage solution to support Twofish Encryption. Everything is encrypted at the client-side with zero knowledge of your data
- It allows you to store files up to 10 GB for free.
- No time-consuming Sync Needed as you can Mount IceDrive with a simple click.
- Icedrive provides clean and easy to use interface to manage your files.
- Stream Media from the cloud storage and easily share with friends
Mega is an online storage and file hosting service provided by Mega Limited. Mega is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux platform.
- It offers 20 GB free storage space.
- It uses keys to encrypt files and chats.
- Mega allows you to sync files and folders.
- Upload or download 1 GB data every 6 hours
pCloud is secure and simple to use cloud storage for your documents. This tool allows you to share and collaborate files with your employee, friends, and relatives.
- It helps you to keep your private files confidential with the highest level of encryption.
- Allows to backup your valuable memories to pCloud by just clicking a click of a button.
- It helps you to filter your files according to their file format.
- It stores versions on your files for a specific period, which helps you to search archive files.
Internxt Drive is one of the best free cloud storage services with best-in-class privacy and security. It enables you and your team to store different types of files with total security.
- Allows you to access a group of apps adapted for all your devices.
- You can remotely upload content.
- Allows you to store and retrieve the data as and when you want.
- It provides reliable customer support.
- Offers multiple pricing options.
- It allows you to store files up to 2 GB for free.
WorkDrive is a cloud storage system that enables you to manage files with ease. It enables you to create, collaborate, and make teamwork with minimal effort. This platform uses SOC 2 (Service Organization Control) Type II.
- Allows you to brainstorm with team in real time.
- Can be accessed from your tablet and smartphone.
- Offers customizable reports.
- You can store and manage files with ease.
Microsoft OneDrive is an internet-based storage and synchronization service provider. It is available for free to all the people having Microsoft account. OneDrive apps can be used to sync files on a Windows PC or Mac operating system.
- Use your phone to scan and business cards, receipts, whiteboard notes, or store paper documents in OneDrive.
- You can set an expiration date of shared files, photos, and links for security purpose.
- Allows uploading files up to 15 GB in size.
8) Google Drive
Google Drive is a free online data storage service provided by Google. The service syncs stored files, photos, and more across all the user’s PCs, tablets, and mobile devices. It offers 15 GB of free space.
- You can build Docs, Sheets, Slides.
- It provides real time synchronization.
- You can create forms that help you to run a survey.
- The tool can be used for macOS.
- Integrates with thousands of external apps like a mind map, Gantt chart, diagram tools, etc.
- It allows to store documents up to 1.02 million characters, spreadsheets up to 5 million cells, presentation up to 100 MB, and Google Sites up to 2000,000 characters per page.
Dropbox is a file hosting service providing personal cloud, file synchronization, cloud storage, and client software. It is designed to collaborate your projects whether you are working alone or in a team.
- It offers you to safely sync data across all devices.
- Your file size should be 50 GB or smaller
- Service is available for macOS, Linux, and Windows operating systems.
IDrive provides service for data backup. This service is available to Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and Mac users.
- IDrive provides 5 GB free
- Users can organize and monitor backups of their PC from the web interface.
- Users can upload or download files up to 2 GB in size.
- It provides the best solution to protect all computers, Macs, iPhones, and Android devices into one account.
11) Amazon Drive
Amazon Drive or Amazon Cloud Drive is a cloud storage application of Amazon. The service provides secure cloud storage, file sharing, photo printing, and file backup.
- It helps you to organize and edit photos online.
- Amazon Drive automatically backs up the photos and videos on your phone.
- Allows you to Sync files and folders.
Box is a cloud file management and sharing service. This free drive storage is available for Windows, macOS, and mobile platforms.
- You can use Windows Explorer or Mac Finder to quickly search the file you want.
- Edit like a local file and Box will save it to the cloud.
- This free cloud storage allows you to invite the team to make changes and upload files.
- Enable admin to add external users to collaborate content and control the version.
ICloud is a cloud storage service managed by Apple Inc.
It is one of the best cloud storage services where users can save any files on the cloud, and iCloud will automatically sync to your device. You can use this service for Mac and Windows PCs.
- It is one of the best free cloud storage services which provides 5GB of free iCloud storage
- File size uploading limit is 15 GB.
- Many people can work together by simply sending a link.
- Lets you to collaborate with numbers, Keynote, Pages, and Notes.
14) Yandex Disk
Yandex Disk is a cloud service that allows users to store files on cloud servers and share with others. Disk is available on Windows, macOS as well as Linux. It is one of the best free online storage which is available in two plans Annual and Monthly subscription.
- This free cloud storage for photos allows uploading maximum 50 GB file size. User can sync data between different devices.
- It is one of the largest free cloud storage that provides free access to Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- This online storage drive offers cloud storage for free and allows you to download files from public pages without any hassle.
15) Media Fire
MediaFire is a file hosting, cloud storage, and synchronization service. It is one of the best free cloud storage that provides an easy-to-use solution for managing digital stuff online as well as on the go. MediaFire unlimited cloud storage free can be used for iPhone, Windows, OSX, Web, and Android.
- Maximum file uploading limit is 20 GB
- It is one of the best cloud storage free service that offers the professional an ad-free experience to employees.
- Lets you to paste link in any files and MediaFire will upload to your account
- It is one of the best free unlimited cloud storage which allows you to specify access control.
Koofr is a cloud storage solution that connects Dropbox, Amazon, Google Drive, OneDrive accounts and utilizes the additional free space on a hard drive. This free online file storage is available for Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Windows, and macOS.
Cloud Computing Tools free. download full Version
- This online storage for free service offers automatic backup from phones.
- Synchronization data with computers.
- No file type and size limits, upload anything you want to keep safe.
- It is one of the best free cloud services that provide automatic backup of photos and videos from the mobile phone.
MiMedia is a free cloud backup service that allows you to manage and enjoy your digital life. It is one of the best free cloud storage that helps you to curate your personalized collection.
- This cloud drive storage allows you to access and organize music, photos, videos, and documents on all devices.
- You can download a desktop app to your PC or Mac and put any content in the cloud.
- Import from Dropbox, Google, Flickr, and Facebook.
Jumpshare combines screenshot capture, file sharing, video recording, as well as team collaboration. It is one of the best cloud storage for free which allows you to to send and share unlimited big size file.
- This free cloud service helps you to capture and share anything
- Jumpshare has drag and drop facility to share any file.
- Allows you to capture screenshots
- You can record your screen in GIF or video.
- This free file storage service can be used on macOS, Android, Windows, iPad, and iPhone.
❓ What is a Cloud Storage?
CLOUD STORAGE is a way of storing data online instead of your local computer. It requires an internet connection in order to upload, modify, and share documents, presentations, spreadsheets, images, audio, video, etc. with others. Online storage service providers don’t store any data on the hard disk of your PC. Cloud storage tools help you to access your data from any device.
💻 Which are the Best Free Cloud Storage Providers?
Following are some of the best free Cloud storage providers:
⚡ How does Cloud Storage Work?
Cloud storage physically stores the data in large data centers and computer servers and makes it available online through the web. Users can access this data remotely using the Internet. It allows users to remotely upload, store and retrieve their data online.
🔒 Is my data secure with a Cloud Computing Storage?
Since data is stored remotely rather than your premise, apprehensions about data theft and privacy are obvious. But most cloud computing storage companies encrypt data while in transit or at rest. Also, their employees only get logical access to your data. Most companies adopt very strict protocols to ensure data security, confidentiality, and privacy.
If your data has peculiar security requirements, you could opt for a hybrid cloud where some data is stored with the cloud provider while some at your own premises.
❗ Is there a size limit on the file I store or transfer using Cloud Storage?
Most cloud storage providers allow you to store and transfer single file that is upto 100MB in size. Though some allow you to store files upto 2GB in size useful in transferring HD videos.
👉 How to choose a Cloud Storage Provider?
You should consider the following factors while choosing a cloud storage provider:
- Security & Encryption
- Storage Capacity
- Support for multiple platforms
- Backup features
- Multiple device support
- Collaboration features
- File formats supported
Top 15+ Best Free Cloud Storage Providers
You Might Like:
As we get an idea of how the cloud technology has been divided and categorized, it is also important to know that Cloud technology provides us a large number of interesting applications that are completely free.
Explanation & Usage
SaaS provides these applications. Unlike standard desktop applications, in SaaS, the application processing is done on the data centers of the organizations.
Let's see the categorization of the cloud computing applications into various types:
- Online File storage
- Photo editing software
- Digital video software
- Twitter-related applications
- Creating image-album
- Web application for antivirus
- Word processing application
- Presentation software
- Finding a way on the map
- E-commerce software
- Miscellaneous applications
Cloud Computing Tools Free Download Windows 10
Online File Storage
MediaFire, megaupload, hotfile, 4Shared, rapidshare, yourfilehost are such examples which are used to host files including documents, images, presentation, videos, etc. The interface is easy to use, and users can upload and download files from these sites. Here users can utilize 200GB of storage space and a file size of 2GB. The charge for the premium version of these cloud storage application is an average of $9.
Photo Editing Software
Picnik, Pixlr, etc. are popular free online photo editing software. This online software has features such as cropping of the image, resizing, rotation based on degrees, special effects, addition and editing features are also included in a GUI (Graphical User Interface) format. Some of them offer paint tools and other adjustment features. The brightness and contrast can also be editable, and users can layer the images. In the case of Pixlr, though it has various high-level, complex features, still it's easy to use.
Digital Video Software
Cloud Computing Tools Free Download
Hulu is a free application for videos that are found online for free. Cloud users can download popular movies, television shows, and documentaries and view them on their web-browser. Hulu is a joint venture of three firms viz. - Fox Entertainment Group, NBC Universal and ABC Inc. There are other popular video sites like - WatchMoviesOnline, the most famous YouTube, Google video, etc.
One example is bit.ly which converts long URL into a short small-sized unique URL. When a user clicks that small unique URL, it redirects the user to that real website. Sometimes it seems harmful as hackers can put malicious attachments or programs with it which can further affect the user. Ly made a partnership with Twitter, to allow twitter users to use shortened URLs. There is also another site name Twitpic which allows the user to upload pictures to be linked from twitter. It uses twitters login, creates shorterened URLs that can be invoked from twitters microblogging.
Creating Image Album
Some of the examples are flickr, photobucket, webshots, imagebam and ziddu that allows users to host images on the web. These sites are a part of the cloud that allows users to organize images into albums and create slideshows for free.
Web Application for Antivirus
Cloud Computing Tools Free Download For Windows
One example is Cloud Antivirus, this application on the cloud is provided by Panda Security - a Spanish company which provides functionality to keep the virus away from a clean system and also detects and fix a system infested with malware or other forms of computer viruses. It has been rated as the best free antivirus application by PC World. This also includes the feature to download it into the systems, and the checking of malware is done by sending the information of the file to the>