The error: 0x800f0922 happens when trying to install.NET 3.5. I've tried using the command prompt to disable the services, rename the catalog and enable windows update services with no success. I've tried DISM.exe and have both tried installing.NET from downloading it and using windows components. One of the latest issues with Windows 10 version 1803 (build: 17134.81) is, one cannot add the.NET Framework 3.5 feature using “Turn Windows features”, the attempts start reporting you are not connected to internet, which is not true (Microsoft should grow up).
- Nov 12, 2014 I'm not sure if this actually applies to Win 10, but see the Microsoft information found @.NET Framework 3.5 installation error: 0x800F0906, 0x800F081F, 0x800F0907 Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
- Dec 02, 2020 Error 0X800f081f usually occurs when Windows 10 can’t retrieve information necessary to install or enable the.NET Framework 3.5 on your PC. You may encounter the bug when trying to install the framework via an installation wizard or the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool.
If you are seeing an error code 0x800F081F when you try to install .NET Framework 3.5 on your Windows computer, you are not alone. Many Windows users are reporting it. But the good news is you can fix this error. Here are two fixes you can try:
Method 1: Configure Group Policy
Method 2: Install .NET Framework 3.5 using DISM
Method 1: Configure Group Policy
The 0x800F081F error may occur because the component setting in Group Policy is disabled. You should enable it to see if this fixes the error. To do so:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and Rkey at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type “gpedit.msc” and press Enter on your keyboard.
3) Go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System.
4) Double click Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair.
5) Select Enabled. Then click OK.
6) Try installing .NET Framework 3.5. If this method works for you, you won’t see the error again. Otherwise, you should try the method below.
Method 2: Enable the .NET Framework 3.5 feature using DISM
It is also possible that the error occurs because the .NET Framework 3.5 feature has not been enabled in your system. You can use a DISM command to enable it.
NOTE: You need to have installation media or an ISO image for your Windows version to perform this method.
To enable the .NET Framework 3.5 feature using DISM:
1) Put the Windows installation media into your computer, or mount the Windows ISO image in your system.
2) Pressthe Windows logo key on your keyboard. Then type “cmd“.
3) Right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator“.
Net Framework 3.5 Windows 10 Download Error 0x800f081f Free
4) Type “Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:<DRIVE>:sourcessxs /LimitAccess” and press Enter on your keyboard. (Note that you need to replace the <DRIVE> here with the drive letter for the installation media drive or the ISO drive.)
.net Framework 3.5 Error Code 0x800f081f Windows 10 Download
5) Try installing .NET Framework 3.5 and see if the error disappears.